- 0.50 plain flour
- 1.50 kg pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onions
- 2 garlic clove
- 1 port wine
- 1 prune juice
- 0.50 water
- 375 g prune
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
How to make Crock Pot/Slow Cooker Pork, Prune and Port Casserole
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Season with salt and pepper. Lightly coat pork in flour.
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pork, in small batches, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate, cover and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until soft. Spoon into slow cooker. Add port, water, prunes, thyme and pork. Stir to combine. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 hours or until meat is tender and sauce is thick.
- Notes & tips.
- Leg, loin or diced pork are all suitable cuts for this casserole.
- You can cook this recipe in a casserole dish. Preheat oven to 150°C and cook, tightly covered, for 4 hours. Alternatively, cook for 3 to 4 hours over a medium-low heat in a saucepan. Check regularly to ensure casserole doesn't stick.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Company pot roast
- Slow cooker pepper pork chops
- Slow cooker chipotle-lime chicken t...
- Slow cooker Moroccan brisket with r...
- Slow cooker split pea soup with cho...
- Slow cooker ginger-soy short ribs a...
- Colonnade Restaurant: Redneck sushi...
- Slow-cooker choucroute
- Slow-Roasted Pulled Pork and Creame...
- Pulled Pork
- Simple Lamb Casserole with New Pota...
- Scott's short ribs