Serves: 6 burgers
1) Saute shallot in olive oil over medium-low heat until softened. Set aside to cool.
2) To make patties combine sirloin mince, braising steak mince, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, sage, and sauteed shallot in a large bowl. Mix well until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Divide mixture into 6 equal portions and form patties (170g each). Griddle patties (in griddle pan) over medium-high heat for 4 mins on each side for medium rare.
3) While patties are cooking, prepare baps. Whisk eggs in a bowl with milk, salt, and pepper. Dip Portuguese muffin halves in mixture 1 at a time (place each on a plate after dipping). Heat 15g butter in saute pan over medium heat. Place 3 muffin halves into pan and fry, flipping once until both sides are golden brown. Place cooked muffins onto plate and cover with foil. Repeat process using 15g butter for every batch of 3 muffin halves until all have been cooked.
4) When patties have been cooked, remove the patties from the griddle pan and rest on a half-sheet pan. Top with cheese slices and tent with aluminium foil. Repeat process with the remaining patties.
5) To assemble the burgers, place 1 patty (with cheese) on bottom half of the Portuguese muffin. Top with prosciutto, spread with 1 tbsp of sauce, and add top of muffin. Serve.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.