1) In large bowl combine all the kibbe ingredients, using only half of the pureed green pepper and onion, and set aside. Reserve the remainder of green pepper and onion mix for the stuffing.
2) For the stuffing, saute the 225g of silverside beef mince in a pan on medium-high heat. Once thoroughly cooked, add all the remaining stuffing ingredients, including the pureed green pepper and onion, cover and simmer another 10 mins.
To make the kibbe:
1) Using the raw kibbe meat, make rugby ball shapes almost the size of your hands. Once formed use your finger to make a hole at the end of the kibbe deep enough to add approximately 1 tbsp of stuffing inside. Close the end after stuffing.
2) Fill pan with enough oil to completely cover the kibbe ball and heat to 177C. Moisten your hands and pat your kibbe ball making sure it is sealed on both ends.
4) Deep-fry the kibbe until a deep golden brown.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.