Cumin Griddled Scallops with Chickpea Salad and Red Pepper Tahini
2) Brush the scallops on both sides with the oil. Mix together the cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl and season each scallop with the mixture. Griddle the scallops until crusty, golden brown and just cooked through, 2 to 3 mins on each side.
3) Top the chickpea salad with the scallops and drizzle with the vinaigrette before serving.
For the chickpea salad:
1) Whisk together the lemon juice, oil, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Transfer the salad to a large serving platter, cover and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 mins and up to 2 hrs before serving.
For the red pepper-tahini vinaigrette:
1) Steep saffron in a hot water for 5 mins to bloom.
2) Transfer saffron mixture to a blender and add the sherry, red pepper, garlic, tahini, honey, salt and pepper and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the oil and blend until emulsified. The vinaigrette can be made up to 4 hrs in advance, covered and kept refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving.