Recipe by Giada De Laurentiis
For the bruschetta:
- 18 diagonal (1cm thick) baguette bread
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head of curly chicory or frisee leaves, separated into 5cm strips
- 1 (200g) ball fresh water-packed mozzarella cheese, drained, cut into 18 thin
- 18 paper-thin prosciutto
- 30ml red wine vinaigrette, recipe follows
For the red wine vinaigrette:
- 120ml red wine vinegar
- 60ml fresh lemon juice
- 15g honey
- 2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 240ml extra virgin olive oil
How to make Curly Endive, Prosciutto and Mozzarella on Bruschetta
Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
Arrange the bread on two heavy and large baking sheets. Brush 3 tablespoons oil over the bread . Bake until the crostini are pale golden and crisp, about 15 minutes.
Wrap one curly endive and one of cheese with one of prosciutto, allowing the tops to extend 2cm over one long side of the prosciutto. Arrange the crostini on a platter. Top each crostini with a prosciutto roll. Drizzle the vinaigrette over and serve.
For the red wine vinaigrette: Mix the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a blender. With the machine running, gradually in the oil. Season the vinaigrette, to taste, with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Prosciutto purses
- Tomato, mozzarella and basil brusch...
- Crispy Smoked Mozzarella with Honey...
- Cheese-Stuffed Dates with Prosciutt...
- Sweet Pea Crostini
- Artichoke and Bean Crostini
- Crostini with Ricotta and Goat's Ch...
- Apricot and chicken bruschetta
- Bruschetta with Ricotta and Marmala...
- Mushroom Pesto Crostini
- Herb-Coated Goat's Cheese
- Prosciutto-wrapped breadsticks