- 2 sugar
- 1 lb
- 6 egg
- 3 all-purpose flour
- 1 lemons, juice and rind of
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 0.50 lb currants
How to make Currant Cakes
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease baking pans very well.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy; add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Add a little of the flour, rind and juice of lemon and salt.
- Work the rest of the flour in slowly along with the currants.
- Drop by spoonfuls, pressing flat with a knife as the cakes are better when very thin.
- Bake until lightly browned, about ten minutes.
(Courtesy of Food.com)