Made this? How was it?
- 1 low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 water
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves, no more than 3/4-inch thick
- 1/4 almonds
- 1/2 nonfat natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 halved red grapes
- 1/4 coriander leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces mixed greens (about 5 lightly packed))
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
How to make Curried Chicken Salad
Bring the broth and water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add chicken to broth and simmer, covered, for 8 minutes. Turn the heat off and let chicken stand in the cooking liquid, covered, until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the broth and cool completely in the refrigerator. Cut into 1/4-inch
In a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, mayonnaise, and curry powder. Fold in the chicken, grapes and cilantro and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss the greens with the oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange the greens on 4 individual plates, top with a scoop of the chicken salad and sprinkle with the almonds.
(serving size: 1 chicken salad and 1 1/4 greens)
Calories 325; Total Fat 14 g; (Sat Fat 2 g, Mono Fat 6 g, Poly Fat 5 g) ; Protein 37 g; Carb 13 g; Fiber 2 g; Cholesterol 85 mg; Sodium 175 mg
Excellent source of: Protein, Vitamin A, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Phosphorus, Selenium
Good source of: Riboflavin, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium
- Wheat berry salad
- Herbed bulgur-lentil pilaf
- Rice and black bean pilaf
- Pesto potato salad
- Chopped salad with lemon and dill
- Cos hearts with Greek dressing
- Black-eyed pea and spinach salad
- Saffron chicken, boiled lemon and g...
- Beetroot salad with watercress driz...
- Herbed Toasted Pitta Salad
- Griddled vegetable salad with feta....