1) Put the parsley, thyme, onion, carrot, celery, and chicken breasts into a medium saucepan. Cover with the chicken stock, and bring just to a boil. Reduce the heat to very low, cover the pan and poach the chicken for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
2) Remove the pan from the heat, uncover, cool the chicken in the stock for 30 minutes.
3) Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and reserve the liquid.
4) Bone and skin the chicken and cut the meat into 2.5cm cubes. Discard the bones and skin.
5) Strain the broth and store, covered, in the refrigerator for 3 days or freeze for later use. Remove any fat from the surface of the broth before using.
To prepare the curried chicken salad:
1) In a medium bowl, toss together the chicken, onion, coriander and sultanas.
2) In a small saute pan, heat the oil over a medium heat, add the curry powder, and stir for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool.
In a small bowl mix together the curry flavoured oil, mayonnaise, lime juice and chutney. Gently fold the chicken mixture into the flavoured mayonnaise. Add the nuts, if desired. and serve on a bed of lettuce or in a pitta sandwich.