Made this? How was it?
- 130g plain flour
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 80g softened lactose-free sunflower spread or Pure soya spread (available from supermarkets)
- 120ml coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 limes
- 350g sugar
- 40g softened lactose-free sunflower spread or Pure soya spread (available from supermarkets)
- 40ml coconut milk
- Toasted coconut shreds
How to make Dairy Free Lime and Coconut Cupcakes
Put the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl - flour, sugar, baking powder and non-butter spread (treat spread as 'dry' for our purposes). Mix until you have an even sandy consistency.
Measure out the coconut milk, egg and vanilla in a jug and beat well. Drizzle into the flour whilst mixing, until you have a smooth batter/mixture. Zest all limes and place three of the lime zest into your mixture. Reserve the other lime zest for the. the mixture for ten seconds on high then stop the mixer and clean down the blade.
Spoon evenly into 12 cupcake cases and bake at 170°C for 20 minutes until they bounce back to the touch.
Cool on a wire rack and in the meantime make theby mixing the sugar, non-butter spread, coconut milk and final lime zest together for several minutes until very light and fluffy.
the on top of the cakes using a reusable bag and large star nozzle and sprinkle with the toasted coconut shreds. Amaze your diary-free friends with the most delicious cupcakes they've ever had!
- Wheat Free Chocolate Orange Cupcake...
- Egg-Free Banana Passion Fruit Cupca...
- Lemon drop afternoon tea cake
- Lemon and Cranberry Amaretti Biscui...
- Country vanilla sponge cake
- Key lime coconut cupcakes
- Abby's Banoffee Pie
- Chocolate mousse with chilli chocol...
- Individual Chocolate Cakes
- Brandy-Soaked Christmas Cupcakes
- Nostalgic popping candy cupcakes
- 24 karrot gold cupcakes