Serves: 100 approx.For the lobster:
1) In a large saucepan, melt the butter over a high heat. Remove the lobster meat from shell and submerge in butter. Cook at 70C - 90C for about 8 minutes until meat is tender and almost cooked. Cut in 30g medallions, allow to cool and season with salt and pepper. For the foie gras mousse:
1) Sear the foie gras for 40 seconds on each side. Transfer to a food processor, add the double cream, truffle oil, salt and pepper and mix on high until fully combined.
2) Place in piping bag.
For the Calvados beurre blanc sauce:
1) Heat the oil in a large saute pan. Add the shallots, garlic, lemon grass, kaffir leaves and apples and saute for a few minutes.
2) Add the Calvados and deglaze.
3) Add the thyme and parsley and reduce for 10 minutes. Add the veal stock and continue to reduce.
4) Add the cream and salt and pepper, stir, add the butter and combine until smooth.
5) Add lemon zest and strain through fine mesh.
For the pear and apple confit:
1) Finely chop the pear and apple together and marinate in the remaining ingredients.
2) Season with salt and pepper.
For the garnish:
1) Dredge the lotus chips in potato flour and deep-fry to golden brown and drain.
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2) Place the puff pastry rounds on a baking sheet, brush with egg white and bake for 12 minutes. Allow to cool, and cut in half.
3) Pipe foie gras mousse onto the puff pastry, place 30g of lobster on top, ladle a little beurre blanc sauce over the lobster, top with pear and apple confit, drizzle with port reduction and garnish with 1 lotus root chip and a chive.
4) Line a large serving platter with rice noodles and place the canapes on top.