- 0.50 butter
- 8 ounces dates
- 0.50 brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to taste dessicated coconut
- 1 pecans
- 1.50 Rice Krispies
- 1 to taste powdered sugar
How to make Date Rice Krispies Bars
- Combine butter, dates and brown sugar (or Splenda) in saucepan. Cook over LOW heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove and add vanilla, nuts, coconut and rice cereal. Stir until well blended.
- Press down hard into a buttered 9 x 9 inch pan. Sprinkle top with additional coconut and lightly press inches (or use optional method of cutting and roll into logs and roll in powdered sugar without coconut).
- When cool cut in strips or squares.
(Courtesy of Food.com)