1) In a large plastic tub, place all of the brine ingredients and stir until dissolved. Place the ham in the brine and refrigerate overnight. The following day, take the ham out of the brine and dry well.
2) Fill your turkey fryer with the peanut oil. Heat the oil to 190C. *Cook's Note: For a larger ham, use less oil as the larger the ham, the more liquid displacement there will be.
3) Place the ham carefully inside the fryer. There is a lot of moisture in the ham, the oil will bubble up intensely, so be careful and lower it very slowly. Cook for 7 1/2 mins per 450g. The ham will be cooked when it is 71C inside. Check it with an instant-read thermometer to make sure it is cooked.
4) Remove the ham carefully, letting it cool off and drain of excess oil for about 10 to 15 mins.
5) For the glaze: Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan on low heat and let reduce until a syrupy consistency. Let the glaze cool slightly and then pour it over the deep fried ham. Serve any extra glaze on the side at the table.