1) Add about 5cm of oil to a heavy-bottomed pot or deep fryer and heat to 180C.
2) Roll out the biscuits to measure 12.5cm in diameter. Moisten edges with water or double cream. Add Rodney's chicken filling to the centre of the circle. Fold dough over the filling to form a half-moon shape and seal edges with the tines of a fork.
3) Place each biscuit into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 4-6 minutes. Remove from the oil and place on paper towels to drain.
Brush with melted butter, transfer to a serving dish and serve.
Rodney Henry's savoury chicken pie filling:
1) Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2) Stuff onions and carrots into the cavity of chicken. Rub salt, black pepper and butter into skin of chicken. Place rosemary sprigs under the skin and place into a roasting pan. Place sage on top of chicken and roast for 1 1/2 hours.
3) Remove the chicken from the oven. Transfer to a cutting board and allow to cool.
4) Place carrots and potatoes on a sheet pan and season with salt and pepper. Place into the preheated oven and roast until caramelised.
5) When chicken has cooled, discard the onions, carrots, sage and rosemary. Pull the chicken meat off the bones and cut into 1.25cm pieces. Place into a large bowl with chicken juice from roasting pan along with potatoes, carrots, peas, corn, double cream and flour. Mix together well. Filling will be thick.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and, therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.