1) To make the cupcakes: preheat the to 180°C. Line one (12-cup) muffin pan with paper cupcake liners.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, and a quarter of a teaspoon of salt.
3) In a large bowl, beat the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy.
4) Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time. Mix together the milk, coffee, and vanilla in a measuring cup. Add half the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, beat to combine, then add the milk- coffee mixture and continue to beat, then add the remaining dry mixture. The mixture will look thick and airy.
5) Using an ice cream scoop, fill each cupcake liner three-quarters of the way full. Bake until a toothpick, inserted in the middle of the cupcake, comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Remove the cupcakes from the oven to a wire rack and let cool before frosting.
6) To make the frosting: Bring the heavy whipping cream to a gentle simmer. Add the chopped chocolate to a bowl with the butter and pour the hot cream over. Whisk the mixture until melted and smooth. Let it sit for five to eight minutes until it thickens up.
7) Frost the cupcakes with the chocolate frosting using an offset spatula. Top each with a raspberry.