Serves: 12 strudels
1) Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5.
2) Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan, add the onion, and cook for 5 mins over medium-low heat. Add the spring onions, and cook for another 2 mins until the spring onions are wilted but still green. Meanwhile, gently squeeze most of the water out of the spinach and place it in a large bowl.
3) When the onion and spring onions are done, add them to the spinach. Mix in the eggs, parmesan cheese, 35g bread crumbs, the nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Gently fold in the feta and pine nuts.
4) Place one sheet of filo pastry flat on a work surface with the long end in front of you. Brush the pastry lightly with butter and sprinkle it with 1 tsp of bread crumbs. Working quickly, slide another sheet of filo pastry on top of the first, brush it with butter, and sprinkle lightly with bread crumbs. (Use just enough bread crumbs so the layers of filo don't stick together.) Pile four layers total on top of each other this way, brushing each with butter and sprinkling with bread crumbs. Cut the sheets of filo in half lengthwise. Place 5 tbsp spinach filling on the shorter end and roll the filo up diagonally as if folding a flag. Then fold the triangle of filo over straight and then diagonally again. Continue folding first diagonally and then straight until you reach the end of the sheet. The filling should be totally enclosed. Continue assembling filo layers and folding the filling until all of the filling is used.
5) Place on a sheet pan, seam sides down. Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with flaked salt, and bake for 30 to 35 mins, until the filo is browned and crisp. Serve hot.