2) In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt, and set aside.
3) In a separate bowl, combine the sour cream, and vanilla and almond essences, and set aside.
4) In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar, on medium speed, until smooth. Reduce the speed to low and add the eggs, one at a time, scraping thoroughly between each addition.
5) Add the flour and sour cream mixtures to the butter mixture in two batches, starting and ending with the flour mixture. Scrape down the bowl after each addition. Gradually pour in the coffee, scrape down the bowl and beat until thoroughly combined.
6) Divide the mixture evenly between the bun tins, place in the centre of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cupcakes are springy to the touch.
Allow to cool for 20 minutes before serving.