2) Heat a large griddle or 36cm heavy frying pan over a medium heat until hot, then lightly toast the buns. Oil the griddle or pan then cook the burgers, turning once, about 8 minutes total for medium rare. Transfer one burger to the bottom half of each bun.
3) Mix together the cabbage, carrot and 1/4 tsp salt, then cook, turning occasionally, until slightly wilted, about 2 minutes. Divide among the four buns.
4) Oil the griddle again, then sear the onion and tomato, turning once, until slightly charred, about 2 minutes total. Add to the top of each burger.
5) Stir together the tomato ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard, then top the burgers with the sauce and add the top of the bun.
For the plantains:
1) While the hamburgers are cooking, peel the plantains and wrap them in foil. Place the wrapped plantains on the griddle and cook until tender but still firm, slightly caramelised. Once cooked, remove from griddle, and slice into 1.25cm rounds, on the diagonal.
2) In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, mayonnaise and chipotle peppers until smooth. Return the sliced pieces of plantains to the griddle, and brush chipotle sauce on one side. Flip after a couple of minutes and brush the sauce on the other side.
3) Remove plantains from griddle and serve with the burgers.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and, therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.