For the Doughnuts (Brioche)
1. Add dry ingredients to mixer bowl and combine.
2. Add eggs and mix.
3. Cube and add cold butter, mix for about 20 mins till dough comes away from sides of bowl.Put into container, cover and freeze till needed.
1. For the cream, scrape vanilla pod and add seeds to crème fraiche.
2. Mix and chill till needed.
3. For the doughnuts, roll defrosted dough into balls, place on tray and leave to prove – 1 ½ hours.
4. Deep fry till golden.Drain on paper towel.
5. Dust with castor sugar and serve with vanilla crème fraiche.