2) Line a baking tray with a silicone baking mat.
3) Place a 3 litre saucier inside a large cast iron skillet.
4) Add the sugar and water to the saucier, and cook over a high heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until it comes to a boil. Stop stirring, cover, and cook for 3 minutes. Uncover, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for approximately 25 minutes, until the sugar is a light amber colour.
5) Remove from the heat and stir in the edamame mixture. Working quickly, pour the mixture onto the prepared baking tray and spread thinly with an oiled spatula. You will have to work quickly when pouring out and spreading the mixture in the pan.
6) Cool completely, for approximately 30 minutes, and then break into pieces.
7) Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.