This SimplyCook recipe takes just 20 minutes to cook, saving you precious time in the kitchen. SimplyCook have sourced quality ingredients to make this money-saving meal the perfect alternative to costly recipe book equivalents.
1. Score the duck breasts (take straight from the fridge and use a sharp knife) and rub in the 5 spice and Szechuan pepper blend.
2. Heat one tbls of olive oil in a pan. Add the duck, skin side down and cook for approx 10 minutes until the skin is golden brown. Meanwhile roughly chop pak choi in preparation for cooking.
3. Pour away the duck fat, turn over the duck breasts, and cook for a further 4 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, boil the kettle and put the noodles in a small saucepan. Pour boiling water into the pan until the noodles are just covered. Add the duck stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the pak choi to the noodles and simmer for 1 minute.
5. Remove duck breasts from the pan, set aside and keep warm.
6. Drain the noodles and pak choi, reserving a splash of the cooking liquor. Place back in the pan with the reserved cooking liquor and the Hoi Sin and heat for 1 minute, stirring all the time.
7. Carve the duck breasts into slices. Serve the noodles into bowls and top with the duck breast.
Recipe courtesy of Simply Cook
Simply Cook provide you with tailored recipes and a selection of hero ingredient kits delivered to your door every month making cooking delicious new meals quick and accessible. Find out more at SimplyCook.com