Serves: 16 to 18 cookies1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2) In a food processor, combine the flour, icing sugar, salt and butter. Mix until the dough comes together into a ball. If the dough is too sticky add a little more flour so that you can shape the soft dough into a ball.
3) Wrap the dough ball in clingfilm and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
4) On a lightly floured board, roll out the dough to 0.25cm thick. Using a 5cm round pastry cutter cut out the biscuits and transfer them to a greaseproof paper lined baking sheet. Bring the dough scraps together and gently press into a ball. Flour your work surface, re-roll 0.25cm thick and cut out more rounds.
5) Bake the biscuits until they are golden and firm, about 15 to 20 minutes Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely, about 25 minutes.
6) Place the dulce de leche in a small bowl and stir in the cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
7) Spread about 1 1/2 tsp of the dulce de leche on the flat side of a biscuit and sandwich with the flat side of another biscuit.
8) Place the "sandwiches" on a platter, dust with icing sugar, and serve.