Made this? How was it?
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, (350g)
- 230g white button mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast (1 breast half)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 60g baby spinach leaves, into ribbons
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (25-cm) whole-grain flour tortillas
- 80g cheddar cheese
- 120ml salsa
- 60ml reduced-fat sour cream
How to make Easy Chicken-Mushroom Quesadillas
Heat the oil in a large frying-pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook until the mushroom water is evaporated and they begin to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one minute more. Add chicken, cumin, chili powder and oregano and stir until all spices are incorporated. Add spinach, salt and pepper and cook until spinach is wilted, about two minutes.
Lay one tortilla on a flat work surface and sprinkle with 20g cheddar cheese. Spoon half the chicken and vegetable mixture on top of cheese, then top with an additional 20g cheese. Top with another flour tortilla. Heat a large nonstick frying-pan with cooking spray over medium heat. Carefully place 1 quesadilla in pan and cook for three minutes. Using a large spatula, gently flip quesadilla and cook for an additional three minutes until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Repeat with second quesadilla. each quesadilla into quarters. Place two quarters on a plate with one tablespoon sour cream and two tablespoons salsa.
- Chicken and mixed vegetable quesadi...
- Salmon quesadillas with sun-dried t...
- Hummus and grilled vegetable wrap
- Chicken pepian
- Spaghetti frittata
- Salmon florentine
- Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon and A...
- Creamy corn and vegetable soup
- Fettuccine with walnuts and parsley...
- Fish Tacos with Chipotle Cream
- Chicken, chilli and cheese quesadil...
- Prosciutto wrapped cod