1. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
2. In a bowl, add the mincemeat, dried figs, orange zest and orange liqueur.
3. Roll out the shortcrust pastry, cut into rounds with a cookie cutter and place them into a cupcake tray.
4. Fill each pie with the mincemeat mixture.
5. Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rounds with a slightly smaller cookie cutter and place on top of the pies. Brush with beaten egg white and sprinkle over some brown sugar.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Leave them to cool on a cooling rack. In a bowl, combine the double cream, icing sugar and almond liqueur and whisk until thickened.
7. With a kitchen syringe or a piping bag, squirt some of the mixture into each pie before serving.