Made this? How was it?
- 70g plain flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fresh sole fillets, 100–125g each
- 90g unsalted
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Juice of 3 lemons, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp parsley
How to make Easy sole meuniere
1) Warm two heat-proof dinner plates in a cool oven 90C/Gas mark 1/4. Season the flour with 2 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of pepper and spread on a large shallow plate.
2) Pat the sole fillets dry with kitchen roll and sprinkle one side with salt. Heat 45g of thein a 30cm saute pan, over a medium heat, until it starts to brown.
3) Dredge 2 sole fillets in the seasoned flour on both sides and place them in the hot. Lower the heat to medium-low and cook for 2 minutes. Turn carefully with a fish and cook for 2 minutes on the other side.
4) Whilst the second side is cooking, add 1/2 tsp of lemon zest and 3 tbsp of lemon juice to the pan. Carefully transfer the fish to the heat-proof plates and pour the cooking juices over them.
5) Keep the cooked fish warm in the oven while you repeat the process with the remaining 2 fillets. When they're done, add the cooked fillets to the plates in the oven.
6) When all the fillets are ready, remove from the oven, sprinkle with the parsley, salt, and pepper and serve immediately.
- Steak with bearnaise
- Basic crepes
- Pork Milanese with warm autumn sala...
- Pumpkin seed crusted halibut with c...
- Banana sour cream pancakes
- Salmon with lentils
- North Atlantic pan seared cod with....
- New York steak teppanyaki
- Pan-fried cod with pea guacamole
- Pan-fried salmon fillet with crispy...
- Pan-fried salmon
- Herb-marinated pork fillet