- 32 ounces nopalitos
- 6 tablespoons white onion
- 1 fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tomato
- 0.67 queso fresco
- 0.67 Anejo cheese
- 0.67 purple onions
- 6 canned chillies
- 2 avocado
- 1 large head cos lettuce
How to make Ensalada De Nopalitos (Cactus Salad) With Vegan Option
- Drain the nopalitos and place in a bowl. Cut them into smaller strips, if you prefer.
- Add the white onion, cilantro, Mexican oregano, and lime juice to the nopalitos. Stir well. Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to mingle.
- While waiting, prepare the toppings.
- When the nopales mixture has sat for 30 minutes, spread the mixture in a 1.5 or 2 inch deep platter.
- Top with chopped tomatoes, cilantro, shredded cheese, onion, jalapeños, and avocado.
- Place the lettuce along the edges of the platter.
- Serve at room temperature.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Marinated avocado
- Feta, black olive and oregano salad...
- Roasted tomatoes with garlic, Gorgo...
- Colcannon (Irish potato salad)
- Individual cobb salads
- Tomatoes with green goddess dressin...
- Strawberry panzanella
- Dave Lieberman's feta, black olive,...
- Olive and sun-dried tomato vegetabl...
- Avocado and edamame salad
- Mashed yellow turnips with crispy s...