- 4 ounces escargot
- 10 ounces consomme
- 1 bay leaves
- 3 garlic clove
- 0.50 butter
- 1 mozzarella cheese
- 1 swiss cheese
How to make Escargots Gratinés
- Drain and rinse the escargots.
- Put escargots, bay leaf and consommé in sauce pan.
- Simmer for 40 minutes without covering.
- Drain the escargots.
- Meanwhile melt butter and add the crushed garlic; set aside.
- Spoon escargots in garlic butter and let rest 2 hours on counter.
- Place escargots in each hole of escargot dish.
- Spoon on garlic butter.
- Cover with grated cheese.
- Set under broiler for 5 minutes.
- Serve with toasts.
(Courtesy of Food.com)