2) In a large bowl beat the brown sugar, butter and shortening with an electric mixer until fluffy (do not overbeat as this will add too much air).
3) Add the egg, honey and rosewater and beat until blended. Stir in the flour mixture with a wooden spoon, mixing until just until blended. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
4) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon the turbinado sugar in a thick layer onto a small plate.
5) Using wet hands, form the dough into 4cm balls and roll in sugar to coat completely. Place the balls on the prepared sheets, spacing 5cm to 7.5cm apart.
6) Bake the biscuits until cracked on top but still soft to touch, about 11 to 13 minutes. Cool on the sheets for 1 minute. Carefully transfer the biscuits to wire racks to cool completely.