1) Pulse 30g of the coriander, the spring onion whites, chipotles, chili powder, lime juice, 2 tsp of the salt, and 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a mini-food processor to make a smooth paste. Coat the steak with the paste. Toss the peppers and onion with 1 tbsp of the olive oil, and 1/2 tsp salt.
2) Toast the cumin seeds in a small dry skillet over medium-high heat, about 1 minute. Mix seeds with the cabbage, remaining spring onion greens, and remaining 10g coriander in a large bowl. Set aside.
3) Set a rack 15 cm from the grill heating element and preheat the grill. Preheat a grill pan for about 10 minutes.
4) Carefully pull the preheated pan from the grill, set the steak in the center of the pan, and surround (but do not cover) with the peppers and onion. Return to the grill. Cook until the meat feels firm but still gives gently when pressed, about 12 minutes for medium rare. Remove steak to a platter and let rest about 10 minutes before slicing. Toss the vegetables, and continue grilling until they soften and char, another 6 to 8 minutes.
5) Dress slaw with orange juice and zest, lime zest, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tbsp oil.
6) Slice the steak, against the grain, into very thin slices. Arrange on a platter with the peppers and onions. Serve with the slaw.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.