Made this? How was it?
- 1.8L chicken stock
- 450g farro
- 2 handfuls fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tbsp fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- 80ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Pecorino cheese wedge, for garnish
How to make Farro with Coarse Pesto
Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the farro and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the farro, covered, until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain farro and set aside in a large bowl.
Meanwhile, in a food processor combine the parsley, basil, thyme, and garlic. Pulse until the herbs are roughly. Add the olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Pulse again until the herbs make a coarse mixture.
Toss the warm farro with the coarse pesto. Transfer to a serving bowl. Using a vegetable peeler on the cheese wedge to make a small handful of cheese shavings. Top the farro with the cheese shavings and serve.
- Farro Salad with Tomatoes and Herbs...
- Fennel Slaw with Prosciutto and Pis...
- Cheesy baked farro
- Caprese Di Farro
- Chickpea and Courgette Salad
- Roasted greens panzanella salad
- Mixed green salad with sherry vinai...
- Anytime Vegetable Salad
- Italian Lentil Salad
- Orzo Salad
- Corn and Black Bean Salad with Basi...
- Fregola salad with fresh citrus and...