- 0.50 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 large garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed
- 0.75 teaspoon ground coriander
- 0.38 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 0.33 fresh lemon juice
- 0.50 coriander
- 0.33 extra virgin olive oil
- 24 ounces halibut fillet
- 24 ounces swordfish steak
- 1 to taste fresh ground pepper
How to make Fish With Chermoula
- FOR THE SAUCE:.
- Put the saffron into a small bowl; cover with 2 teaspoons very hot water.
- Cover tightly; let steep at least 20 minutes but preferably 2 hours.
- Put the garlic, cumin, coriander, salt and red pepper into a mortar; mash into a paste using a pestle.
- Spoon the paste into into a jar; stir in the lemon zest and juice. Add the cilantro and oil.
- Seal the jar; shake vigorously to emulsify. Adjust the salt to taste.
- Set aside 3 Tablespoons of the sauce to use as a marinade.
- Add the saffron/water to the remaining sauce (this will be served with the cooked fish); set aside.
- Refrigerate the sauce if it will not be used within 1 hour - remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving to bring to room temperature.
- FOR THE FISH:.
- Arrange the fish in a single layer in a nonreactive pan.
- Lightly season both sides of the fish with salt and black pepper.
- Spoon the reserved 3 tablespoons of marinade over both sides of the fish, using about 2 teaspoons per fillet.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Position an oven shelf so that the surface of the broiler pan is about 6 inches from the heat.
- Remove the broiler pan from the oven; preheat the broiler on high.
- Cover the broiler pan with foil; arrange the fish on the pan.
- Broil the fish until is is slightly undercooked or just done, 2 to 4 minutes per side, depending on personal taste and the thickness of the fish.
- Transfer the fish to a serving platter or plates; Spoon some of the sauce over the fish.
- Pass the remaining sauce at the table.
- WINE RECOMMENDATION:.
- Sauvignon Blanc.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Indonesian grilled swordfish
- Swordfish with tomatoes and capers
- Lunchbag swordfish with Mediterrane...
- Argentinean-style grilled swordfish...
- Seared Cajun swordfish and garlic m...
- Swordfish with fennel-saffron compo...
- Pumpkin seed crusted halibut with c...
- Braised halibut with griddled corn....
- Halibut Veracruz
- Garlic halibut with tomato-caper br...
- Baja style fish tacos
- Fish Tacos with Chipotle Cream