- 720ml balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely
- 240ml tomato tomato ketchup
- 80ml water
- 2 tbsp ancho chilli powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 heaping tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1 chipotle chilli in adobo sauce,
- 25g dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses or black treacle
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 - 900g flank steak
For the cheesy bread:
- 1 french baguette,
- Olive oil
- 1 monterey jack cheese
- spring onions for garnish
How to make Flank steak with balsamic BBQ sauce
1) Put the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced to 240ml. Set aside.
2) Heat 2 tbsp of the oil over medium-high heat in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan. Add the onions and cook until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato ketchup and the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the reduced vinegar and the remaining ingredients and simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Puree with an immersion blender until smooth and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour into a bowl and allow to cool at room temperature. Sauce will keep for 1 week in the refrigerator stored in a tightly sealed container.
3) Heat the grill to high.
4) Brush the flank steak with the remaining 2 tbsp of oil and season liberally with salt and pepper. Grill until golden brown on the 1 side, about 4 minutes, turn over and grill until the other side is golden brown, about 4 minutes. Move to a cooler part of the grill away from direct heat. Baste with the sauce and turn several more times until cooked to medium-rare doneness, about 15 minutes longer. Remove from the grill to a cutting board and loosely tent with foil. Let rest 10 minutes before cutting against the grain into thin.
5) Put the bread on the grill, brush both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the bread then remove from the grill. Top with mounds ofMonterey Jack cheese. Put the bread on a piece of aluminum foil and return to the grill to melt the cheese. Transfer to a serving platter.
6) Arrange the flank steakon the bread and garnish with spring onions before serving.
- Mini open faced steak sandwiches on...
- Surf n' turf- flank steak and prawn...
- Porterhouse steak with Fra Diavolo ...
- Red wine marinated flank steak fill...
- Chicken wings with red hot honey gl...
- Pulled pork sandwich with black pep...
- Hot Wings with Blue Cheese-Yogurt S...
- Grilled Pork Skewers with Chilli Sa...
- Flank steak crostini with chimichur...
- Grilled filet mignon with chocolate...
- Rib-eye steak In Gremolata-like mar...
- Griddled salmon steak with hoisin b...