Serves: 12 pancakes
1) In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
2) In another bowl, beat the eggs and then whisk in the milk and vanilla.
3) Melt the butter in a large cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium to medium-low heat.
4) Whisk the butter into the milk mixture, add to the flour mixture, and whisk until a thick batter is just formed.
5) Keeping the skillet at medium to medium low heat, ladle about 60ml of the batter onto the skillet, to make a pancake. Make one or two more pancakes, taking care to keep them evenly spaced apart. Cook, until bubbles break the surface of the pancakes, and the undersides are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook about 1 minute more on the second side. Serve immediately or transfer to a platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter to the skillet as needed.