1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2) Beat egg thoroughly and set aside.
3) Mix flour, powdered milk, salt, wheat bran and yeast in a large bowl. Mix yogurt, honey, butter and water in a separate bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry. Knead mixture for approximately 7 minutes until dough is no longer wet but smooth.
4) Let rise until doubled in size.
5) Remove dough from bowl and invert it onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 3 equal parts. Pat dough to make 3 equal strips approximately 25 to 30 cm long and about 2 to 4 cm thick.
6) Join the ends of each bread strip and pinch all 3 together. Begin braiding, lapping each strip 1 at a time over the other. Pinch the ends together. Tuck the pinched ends underneath the braided bread. Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Place the bread on baking sheet. With pastry brush, brush loaf evenly with beaten egg. Allow dough to rise until doubled in size. Bake until lightly brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.