Serves: 12 puffs
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, cream together the sugar and shortening. Add the eggs and mix again. Alternate adding one-third of the flour mixture and one-third of the milk to the creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
4. Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the muffins from the pan and set aside.
5. To make the coating, melt the butter in a bowl or glass pan. In a separate container, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
6. Dip the warm muffins in the butter, coating thoroughly.
7. Then roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Don't be afraid to really coat 'em up. Let the kids help!
Cook Notes: Cinnamony-sweet perfection! The deliciousness of these beauties is not to be underestimated.
Helpful Hint: After cooling completely, puffs can be frozen in plastic bags and reheated later. They're in the "reheats beautifully" section of my life.