- 8 ounces plain flour
- 4 ounces
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 ounces ground almonds
- 4 ounces sugar
- 3 egg
- 0.50 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 0.25 slivered almonds
How to make French Galette Des Rois - Frangipane
- For the pastry: Place butter in the freezer for half an hour.
- Shred or grate the butter into flour in the food processor until the mixture ressembles breadcrumbs. Add enough water to form a dough that leaves the bowl clean.
- Wrap the dough with cling film and chill for half an hour.
- For the filling: Combine the ground almonds, sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add two of the eggs and vanilla essence: mix until combined.
- Stir in slivered almonds.
- Preheat oven 190°C.
- To assemble, divide the dough into two equal parts.
- Roll out one part to form a 10 inch circle and place on a baking sheet.
- Spread the filling on the pastry leaving a rim, about half an inch wide, all the way around. Put in a porcelaine figure (feve) if you have one. Brush the rim with egg.
- Roll out the rest of the dough to form a 9 inch circle. Place on top of the filling.
- Pinch together the pastry at the edges, making sure that it is well sealed. Brush the top with the remaining egg. Make two or three slits in the center of the pastry.
- Bake in preheated oven for half an hour.
- Serve warm.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Plum galette
- Acorn squash galette
- Butternut Squash, Apple & Onion Gal...
- Chilli rubbed salmon
- Peach Frangipane Tart
- Raspberry Champagne
- Mekong prawns stir fried with pork....
- Chocolate Shortbread & Raspberry Na...
- Blue cheese souffle
- Apple Cinnamon Galettes
- Warm edam cheese souffle with crisp...