2) Heat the griddle to 180C. Lightly brush with a butter-soaked piece of paper towel.
3) Combine the eggs, double cream, orange zest (reserving 3 tbsp orange zest for Orange bourbon butter), juice, cinnamon and ground nutmeg in a shallow wide dish.
4) Dip the slices of bread into the egg mixture allowing them to soak on both sides. Transfer each piece to the hot griddle and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Try to flip only once. Serve with Orange bourbon butter.
For the Orange bourbon butter:
1) Cream the butter in a mixer. Add the bourbon, orange liqueur and orange zest. Mix well.
2) Leave at room temperature until ready to use.