Made this? How was it?
- 675ml full-bodied red wine
- 335g sugar
- 4 to 5 (2.5-cm wide, 7.5-cm long) strips orange peel
- 56ml orange-flavored liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)
- 335g sour cream, refrigerated
- 56g sugar
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- sugar, for dusting
How to make Fresh strawberries with sweet sour cream and red wine sauce
1) In a large saucepan add red wine, sugar, orange peel and orange-flavored liqueur. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes over low-heat until slightly syrupy and liquid has reduced by half. Set aside and cool in the refrigerator. Strain.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream with sugar. Take a large platter and make a smear of the sweet sour cream. Arrange the strawberries with the bottoms down in the sour cream. Pour over the red wine sauce and dust the entire plate with sugar.
- Grape gelee with lemon, basil and c...
- Individual pecan pies with sweet te...
- Lemon sabayon with fresh wild berri...
- Red and white delight: strawberries...
- Vanilla poached pears with chocolat...
- Red wine and wild mushroom sauce
- Sweet potato and praline pie
- Banana cream pudding
- Apple brown betty with ice cream
- Spring panna cotta with fresh straw...
- Pickled cucumbers and red onion
- Orecchiette with broccoli rabe, cla...