1) In a small saucepan add edamame to salted boiling water. Cook for 1 minute. Drain and run under cold water to cool them slightly and add to a food processor.
2) Grate the ginger and add to food processor along with wasabi powder, lemon juice, salt, sesame oil and scallions. Process until a chunky consistency forms.
3) Working with 1 wonton wrapper at a time (cover remaining wrappers with a damp towel to prevent drying), spoon about 1 tsp edamame mixture in centre of each wrapper. Moisten edges of dough with water; fold opposite corners to form a triangle, pinching points to seal.
3) In a heat proof pan add about 5cm oil and heat. When oil is hot add dumplings and fry until golden brown about 10 minutes. Fry off in batches making sure they don't touch in the oil so they won't stick to eachother. Remove with a slotted spoon or spider and place on paper towels to absorb the oil.
4) Serve warm on a platter with soy sauce.