Made this? How was it?
For the pumpkin cake:
- 1 (480 g to 500 g) package yellow cake mix
- 225 g pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
- 115 ml milk
- 70 ml vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
For the cream cheese and orange:
- 1 (225 g) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 115 g , room temperature
- 900 g sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsps orange juice
- 1 orange, zested
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 drop red food coloring
For the fry batter:
- 225 g plain flour
- 2 tbsps baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 225 ml milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
For the frying:
- Oil, for frying
- 1 recipe pumpkin cake
- 1 recipe cream cheese and orange
- 1 recipe frying batter
How to make Fried pumpkin layer cake with cream cheese and orange frosting
For the pumpkin cake:
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour 2 (20 cm) round cake pans.
2) In a large mixing bowl combine and beat with a hand held electric mixer all the ingredients until the batter is smooth. Divide the batter between the 2 prepared cake pans. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let the cakes cool in their pans for 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.For the cream cheese and orange :
1) Cream the cream cheese andFor the fry batter: together with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the sugar until smooth and then beat in the orange juice, zest and food colouring.
1)For frying: together all the ingredients in a large shallow bowl.
1) Heat the oil in a very large Dutch oven, must be at least 27 cm wide.
2) Dip 1 of the cake layers in the batter and gently place it in the hot oil. Fry until golden brown and crisp, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel lined platter to drain. Repeat with the 2nd cake layer. Let the fried cakes cool slightly and thenthe top of 1 layer. Place the 2nd layer on top of it and . Don't the sides, it will be pretty to see the layers of and crispy fried cake.
- Golden sponge cake with creamy fill...
- Funnel cakes
- Ultimate fantasy deep-fried cheesec...
- Peanut butter cheese cake minis
- Chocolate layer cake with cheesecak...
- Stick-to-the-ribs barley and curran...
- Chocolate torte with coffee cream
- Coffee whipped cream
- Almond sour cream pound cake
- Bob's peppermint pie
- Neelys maple glazed doughnuts
- Fried tortellini with marinara crea...