Made this? How was it?
- 450g chocolate chip cookie dough
- 340g milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 (45g) chocolate-toffee bars, into1-cm pieces
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and into 1/4-inch rounds
- 450ml vanilla or banana ice cream, softened
How to make Frozen Banana Ice Cream Sandwiches
Place an oven rack in the centre of the oven. Preheat the oven to 160 to 170°C/gas 3.
Form the cookie dough into 12 equal-sized balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes until lightly browned around the edges. Cool for 10 minutes. Transfer the biscuits to a wire rack to cool completely, about 20 minutes.
In a small bowl, toss together the chocolate chips and oil. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Spread the melted chocolate on top of 6 of the cooled cookies. Place on a greaseproof paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the chocolate-toffee candy pieces on top of the melted chocolate. Place the remaining biscuits, flat-side-up, on the same baking sheet. Arrange the banana in a single layer on the flat side of the remaining biscuits. Freeze all the biscuits for 45 to 60 minutes until the chocolate has set and the banana are frozen.
Using an ice cream scoop, scoop about 80ml softened ice cream on top of the frozen bananas. Place a chocolate covered biscuit on top and gently press to form a sandwich. Repeat with the remaining ice cream and biscuits.
Freeze for 3 to 4 hours until firm and serve.
- Ricotta and Chocolate Chip Ice Crea...
- Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Pine N...
- Pumpkin biscuits with cream cheese....
- Hazelnut crunch cake
- Apricot and nut cookies with Amaret...
- Mascarpone Chocolate Toffee Bars
- Coffee liqueur ice cream pie
- Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti
- Crispy Parmesan Biscuits
- Banoffee Iced Fancies
- Mini Italian Club Sandwiches
- Raspberry Ice Cream sodas