2) Combine raisins and orange rind in a microwaveable bowl and pour over the brandy. Microwave for 2 minutes then let it sit while you prepare the batter.
3) With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
4) Whisk together the dry ingredients until homogenous, then fold in the dry ingredients.
5) Strain the brandy from the raisins and reserve. Stir the raisins, pineapple, and pecans into the batter.
6) Grease 2 (20 by 10-cm loaf pans and line the bottom with a piece of waxed paper. Spoon the batter into the pan. Bake 3 hours. Let cool and remove from pan. Poke holes with a large skewer all over the cake.
7) Soak a large piece of cheese cloth in the reserved brandy. Wrap cooled cake in cheesecloth, place in large plastic bag and store in a cool, dry place.