1. Dice the aubergine, add a pinch of salt and let it rest for 3 minutes to lose bitterness.
2. Rinse the aubergine with water, dry with a cloth and then sauté it in a non-stick pan with a drizzle of olive oil and set aside.
3. In the same pan, brown the sliced onion, add the tomatoes and peeled cloves of garlic and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper, add the basil leaves and set aside.
5. Boil fusilli in plenty of boiling water. We recommend using 1 litre of water for every 100g of pasta.
6. Before draining, remember to set aside a spoonful of pasta water to better toss and stir pasta and sauce.
7. Drain the pasta al dente and toss in the pan with the tomato sauce.
8. Add the aubergines, sprinkle with grated salted ricotta (or another aged cheese) and serve.