1. Peel and slice the onion. Wash the cabbage leaves and cut them into strips.
2. Wash and cut the tomatoes into cubes; cut the bacon into cubes as well.
3. Heat a pan and sauté the sliced onion with 1 tbsp of olive oil and the rosemary.
4. Add the tomatoes, a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the sprig of rosemary and set aside.
5. Heat another pan and brown the bacon with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add the cabbage and sauté on a medium heat. The cabbage has to remain crunchy with a nice green color.
6. Boil Fusilli in plenty of boiling water. We recommend using 1 litre of water for every 100 g of pasta.
7. Before draining, remember to set aside a spoonful of pasta water to help stir the pasta and sauce together.
8. Drain the pasta al dente, toss in the pan with the tomato sauce. Drizzle with olive oil, add a pinch of freshly ground pepper and serve with the cabbage sprinkled on top.
Recipe courtesy of Barilla®