Made this? How was it?
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 675g vine-ripened tomatoes, preferably heirloom varieties, roughly
- 225g cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and roughly
- 1/2 green peppers, cored, seeded, and roughly
- 2 spring onions (white and green), roughly
- 1/4 jalapeno, stemmed and with seeds, if you like the heat
- 25g roughly fresh flat-leaf parsley (1/2 small bunch)
- 2 tbsp roughly fresh mint leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 375ml chilled tomato juice
- 4 ice cubes
How to make Gazpacho
1) On a cutting board, lightly sprinkle the garlic with a pinch of the salt and smash it into a paste with the side of a chef's knife.
2) Mix the garlic, tomato, cucumber, capsicum, spring onions, jalapeno, parsley, and mint in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and peppe. Stir in the olive oil and sherry and toss well.
3) Add half of the vegetable mixture to the blender and pulse. Add half of the tomato juice and 2 ice cubes. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour for the flavours to come together.
Divide among chilled soup bowls and serve.