Recipe by: Sunny Anderson
More Recipes You May Like
- 7 oz (200g) plain flour
- 1 tsp salt, plus more for seasoning
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1.9 fl oz (55 ml) milk
- 1¾ oz (50g) parsley leaves, for garnish
How to make German dumplings
1) In a large saute pan, over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Reserve bacon in pan with rendered fat.
2) In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cayenne and baking powder to combine. Beat eggs and milk together in a small bowl and stir into dry mixture until smooth and uniform.
3) Bring 1.5L salted water to a boil in a large pot. Poke holes using a pointed chopstick through the bottom of the aluminum pie pan to create a disposable spaetzle maker. Push the dough through the holes into the boiling water. Stir and cook for 3 minutes, or until dumplings float. Remove dumplings and immediately toss in pan with bacon. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.