- 1 leg of lamb
- 4 garlic clove
- 56 ml olive oil
- 1 to taste salt and pepper
- 2 small onion
- 4 carrot
- 1 bouquet garni
- 225 ml dry white wine
- 225 g flour
- 225 ml water
How to make Gigot De Sept Heures (French Seven Hour Roast Lamb)
- Preheat oven to 300 F/ 150°C.
- Make small incisions in the lamb and put a sliver of garlic inside each incision.
- Rub the lamb well with the olive oil and season all over with the salt and pepper.
- Place it in a Dutch oven and add the sliced onions, whole carrots, whole garlic cloves, bouquet garni and wine.
- Put the lid on the Dutch oven.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour and water to form a rough dough, mixing well with a wooden spoon. (Don't worry you don't have to eat it).
- Use the dough like grout to create a seal that connects the lid to the Dutch oven.
- Place in the oven and cook for 7 hours.
- Remove from the oven and break the seal.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Crusted rack of lamb with jus and b...
- Roast rack of lamb, minted beans, m...
- Roasted leg of lamb with mint and c...
- Roast lamb with rosemary and garlic...
- Crispy rack of lamb with honey and....
- Best end of lamb
- Minted lamb
- Oven roasted lamb shanks with roast...
- Rack of lamb
- Rack of lamb persillade
- Herb-roasted lamb
- Lamb shanks