Made this? How was it?
For the cupcakes:
- 200g caster sugar
- 140g plain flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp. fine salt
- 175ml seltzer water
- 60ml coffee, brewed strong, cooled
- 75ml oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 tsp. vinegar
For the ganache:
- 125ml soy creamer (recommended: Silk)
- 250g good quality chocolate
For the banana:
- 350g non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening (recommended: Earth Balance)
- 135g non-hydrogenated vegan (recommended: Earth Balance)
- 1 tsp. banana compound
- 15ml vanilla essence
- 440g sugar
- 1 ripe banana
- 125ml soy milk
For the caramelized banana:
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. non-hydrogenated vegan (recommended: Earth Balance)
- 15ml rum
- 2 ripe bananas, into 3/4cm thick
How to make Gilbert ganache-fried cupcakes: chocolate seltzer cupcakes with ganache, banana icing
For the cupcakes:
1) Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C/Gas Mark 3. Line a standard cupcake tin with 12 cupcake liners.
2) Sift the sugar, flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda, and salt into a medium bowl. Set the bowl aside. In a small bowl,together the seltzer water, coffee, oil, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and until just incorporated. Add the vinegar and incorporate. Do not over mix the batter.
3) Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake until a toothpick inserted into each cupcake comes out clean, 19 minutes. Cool the cupcakes completely.
For the ganache:
1) Heat the soy creamer in a double boiler over medium heat until steaming. Do not boil. In a separate bowl, pour the hot creamer over the chocolate and let sit for 30 seconds.
2)the soy creamer and chocolate until the chocolate is melted and the 2 ingredients are completely combined. The ganache should be thick, but still pourable. Set aside.
1) In the bowl of a stand mixer,the shortening, , and banana compound. Scrape the bottom of the bowl to ensure that all ingredients are mixed thoroughly. On low speed, slowly add the sugar a little at a time. Once the sugar is incorporated, mix on medium-high speed until all the ingredients are combined and the is fluffy, about 2 minutes.
2) Drop the whole banana into theand let it mix for an additional 2 minutes, or until the banana is . On low speed, add in the soy milk until incorporated, a little at a time until desired consistency is reached. Put the into a pastry bag and cut 1 1/4 cm off the tip.
For the caramelized bananas:
In a small saucepan, melt the brown sugar andon medium heat. When the sugar crystals are completely dissolved in the melted , add the rum and mix. Add the bananas and stir gently. Let it come to a boil and thicken to desired texture. Remove from the heat and let cool.
Dip the tops of each cupcake into the ganache so that the entire cupcake top is covered. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the ganache to set on the cupcake.a dollop of banana on top of each cupcake and garnish the top with 2 caramelized bananas.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
- Working blue cupcakes: ginger cakes...
- Chocolate cherry cola cupcakes with...
- Chocolate peanut butter ball cupcak...
- Cinnamon sugar graham cupcakes
- Winning recipe oatmeal-raisin cupca...
- Crystallized ginger olive oil cupca...
- Almond cupcakes with raspberry glaz...
- Rich chocolate caramel cupcake
- Chocolate vodka raspberry rock star...
- Individual Chocolate Cakes
- Chocolate chip cannoli cupcake
- Game day chocolate cake