Made this? How was it?
- 1 tbsp of groundnut oil
- 2.5cm piece of root ginger, peeled and into matchsticks
- 2 tbsp dried shrimps, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes, then drained (optional)
- 3 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes, then drained and , or 3 shiitake mushrooms,
- 4 tbsp Shaohsing rice wine or dry sherry
- 300g clams
- 100ml vegetable stock
- Salt and ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp of cornflour, mixed with 1 tbsp of water
- Large handful of coriander
How to make Ginger and Mushroom Wined Clams
First scrub the clams, removing any debris from the shells and discarding any that remain open when tapped against a hard surface.
Heat a wok over a high heat until it starts to smoke and then add the groundnut oil. Add the ginger, dried shrimps (if using) and mushrooms and stir-fry for a few seconds.
Tip in the clams and stir-fry for one minute.
As the shells start to open up, add the rice wine or dry sherry.
Pour in the stock and cook for three to four minutes or until all the shells have opened. Discard any that remain closed.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and thicken the cooking liquid with the cornflour paste. Toss in the coriander and let it wilt slightly, then remove from the heat, transfer to a large dish and serve immediately.
Ching's Fast Food is published by HarperCollins, priced £20.
- Black Bean Mussels with Chinese Be....
- Steamed Sea Bass with Ginger and Mu...
- Steamed Pork and Mushroom “Siu Ma...
- Steamed Egg with Scallops and Cavia...
- Sweet and Sour Fish Fillets
- Ginger, Carrot, and Sesame Green Be...
- Crispy Salt and Pepper Abalone with...
- Vegetable Lettuce Wraps ('Sin Cai B...
- Posh Chopped Suey
- Oyster Sauce Chicken with Bok Choy
- Braised Pork Belly Bao
- Sticky Rice Wrapped in Lotus Leaves...