Made this? How was it?
- 60g unsalted , divided
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 2.5cm chunks
- 85g dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice*, divided into 2 portions
- 210g plain flour
- 1.5 tsp ground ginger
- 0.75 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 65ml milk
- 125ml treacle
- 2 large eggs
- 65ml water
- sugar, for dusting, optional
How to make Ginger pear cake
1) Position a rack in the centre of the oven and preheat the oven to 165C/Gas 3. Lightly spray a 23 by 33 by 5cm baking tin with vegetable cooking spray and line the base with parchment or waxed paper.
2) Melt 30g of thein a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the pears and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 7 mins. Stir in 1 tbsp of the brown sugar and 1 tsp of the pumpkin pie spice and remove the pan from the heat.
3) Sift the flour, ginger, the remaining 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
4) In another bowl,the milk, treacle, and remaining brown sugar. Add the eggs and until smooth. Use a spatula to stir the treacle mixture into the dry ingredients to make a thick liquid batter.
5) Heat the water and remaining 30gin a small saucepan until just boiling. the hot water into to the batter until just combined. Stir in the pears. Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
6) Bake in the centre of the oven for about 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
7) Cool the cake in the tin on a rack. Cut into 12 squares. Dust withsugar before serving, if desired.
*Cook's Note: If you can't find pumpkin pie spice, you can make your own by stirring together 1 tsp cinnamon, 0.5 tsp ground ginger, 0.25 tsp ground cloves and 0.25 tspnutmeg.
- Rainbow cloud confetti cake
- Pumpkin biscuits with cream cheese....
- Peach-berry shortcake cupcakes
- Coconut-lime pudding cake
- Almond shortbreads
- Chocolate chip waffles
- Apple nutmeg pine nut cakes with br...
- Indoor-grilled salmon
- Chocolate-glazed fairy cakes
- Whole grain waffles
- Savarin cake with vanilla-Grand Mar...
- Chocolate oat cakes