2) Add the cream cheese and the mix until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs 1 at a time and blend until fluffy. Slowly add the flour and mix until the dough is combined.
3) Turn out onto floured board and knead until the dough is smooth. Divide the dough into thirds and roll out. Cut out shapes with a sharp knife or dough cutter and transfer to a greased parchment lined baking sheet. Crush the boiled sweets in a bag and spoon into the cutouts.
4) Bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until edges are slightly browned and the sweets are thoroughly melted. Leave to cool on the baking sheet. Assemble and decorate the birdhouses with royal icing.
For the royal icing:
1) In a large mixing bowl, combine the meringue powder and sugar. Gradually whisk in 1 tbsp of water at a time until the icing has a creamy texture.
2) Use the icing as a glue to assemble the houses, as desired.